Friday, February 26, 2010

“Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.”

Throughout this whole experience, there has been one thing that God has so richly blessed me with... it's been being able to experience the overwhelming love from my family and my friends.  


Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.
There have been SO many instances where I have been choked up by the encouragement and love I have received.  I wrote an early post about a precious friend who sent me a card that blessed me in more ways then I can count!! I still have that card tucked in my Bible so I get to see it and think even more about the one who sent it to me!! She has been a faithful friend... one who has held my rope throughout this entire thing and is one I am so excited to talk to and text with and iChat with... even if just to hear her voice or see her face!  She is more of a blessing than I had ever hoped for God to place in my life! *Lyndi-I love you SO SO much and am bummed that we missed our weekend getaway this weekend... but can't wait for our birthday road trip when I get back to Manhattan!!!!!!*


And then for Valentine's Day... well, I already wrote about how special that was!!


And now this.  The quote, Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.”  Again, that is how I'm feeling right now.  Just read my dear friend Erica's post or her facebook status, and you will know exactly what I mean!  I am completely overwhelmed that anyone would fast for me! Let me give you a little background...


Erica and I had heard of one another through mutual friends and saw each other in passing at Challenge and at events that those same friends held, but had never actually met.  And then came the Challenge retreat.  Laura Carlson and I had decided that we were going to party it up and road-trip it together to Florence, Kansas.  The night before she texted me to tell me that she had a couple other girls that needed a ride and asked if they could join us! Ha! If you know me, you know what my first answer was.... absolutely not! (Said with a lot a sarcasm and flair ;-)) And after that a very excited, "Of course! The more the merrier!!"  Little did I know that included in that group of hitch-hikers there was one who would bless me with her heart, love, smile, and friendship.  Well, that's how Erica and I met. At 7:45 am outside my apartment complex.  Tired, excited, and loaded down with pillows, blankets, and duffels we loaded into my car.  Fast-forward a couple hours, and Erica and I were laughing hysterically wondering how we could have gone so long without officially meeting each other!  A little impromptu dance party ensued, and I credit that with confirming to Erica that I was indeed a crazy goof... Thank the Lord she decided that! =-)  


Erica and I will celebrate our 5 week anniversary as friends tomorrow, and for me at least, it feels like she is one of my lifelong friends and not one that I have known for such a short time!  I truly consider her a sister and precious friend.  And she has once again blessed me by fasting from sugar til spring break just to support me!! Wow. That's really all I can say... wow.  And I think that there are even some other precious friends who have joined her in this endeavor.  All I can say is thank you, even though that doesn't begin to say how much it has blessed and encouraged me.  I can only pray that I can be the friend to them that they have been to me.  I love you.

No comments: